This has been quite a year! At this time last year, we were just beginning to understand what God meant when he said,
The Springbrook venue was just getting going, the Preteen ministry was about to kickoff, House Worship was still at a house, and Knoxville wasn’t even on the radar.
God has formed our little tribe of artists, and the Vineyard has become a safe place to connect with God and other creatives. One of the beautiful side effects is incredible worship services where people experience God. New ministries and multiple venues not only mean more of these services but also more opportunities for worship leaders to take risks and grow.
The numbers bear that out! These stats reflect the services of the Maryville venue, Springbrook venue, Knoxville venue, Vineyard Youth, Vineyard Preteen, House Worship, and a few special services we hosted in 2016. I also included the 2015 numbers when possible for comparison.
- 414 total worship services (266 in 2015)
- 197 Sunday services outside our building (10)
- 245 rehearsals (158)
- 1,125 hours in rehearsals and services (762)
- 113 musicians & technicians served (72)
- 36 people led our church in a song (27)
- 43 led worship from the sound booth (25)
- 6,978 man-hours in rehearsals and services (4,975)
- 154 total songs sung in all environments (108)
- 86 songs used for Sunday morning gatherings (93)
- 30 songs from the Vineyard tribe (21)
- 15 homegrown originals (6)
- 19 hymns (18)
- 10 Christmas carols (7)
- 24 songs unique to Vineyard Youth or Preteen (15)
- 23 songs incubated at House Worship (0)
Songwriting & Recording
- 24 active songwriters (17)
- 15 songwriting small group meetings Feb 16-May 24
- 1 songwriters night at Vienna Coffeehouse on May 31
- 3 attendees to Southeast Song Summit Sept 19-20
- 9 songwriters attended our annual retreat Nov 4-5
- 22 original worship songs finished
- 2 original songs translated to Spanish
- 9 recording sessions
- 4 songs recorded
- 15 attended training lunch with Dan Wilt on May 14
- 2 students & 1 faculty attended Worship Leaders Bootcamp in Nashville June 14-17
- 21 kids K-5th attended kids’ worship jam on July 7
- 37 attended training with Mike O’Brien on July 16.
- Guest worship leader Mike O’Brien on July 17
- Provided 2 worship leaders & equipment for Vineyard Southeast Regional Conference July 18-21
- Guest worship leader Sarah Pemberton on Aug 21
- 17 attended youth worship circle & training on Oct 12
If you helped facilitate any part our worship gatherings in 2016: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I’m so grateful to get to serve alongside you as we put God’s beauty on display and cover the hills of East Tennessee with the songs of heaven. Who knows where the sound will reach next?!?